Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Life of an Intern: Question of the Day






SOCIAL NETWORKS

Today I was on Twitter and I saw that one of my possible future employers was online. 

I've sent his company my resume' and I've made follow-up calls.  People from Silent Sound have been trying to contact him to put in a good word for me.  I've met him before.  And I've also met a few of his employees. 

I don't have his personal phone number.  I was tempted to write him on Twitter, but I stopped...
I questioned... "Is a Twitter message professional?" Or any other social networks at that.

They are there for networking, but is it actually the way to go?  I'm pretty sure he has received a billion Twitter messages saying...  "Yo...I'm the next So and So!"  I don't want to be put in that category.
I wouldn't holla at him like that...but I don't know what to do. 

I decided not to send him a message.  Hopefully one day soon I'll receive a call from him...

Hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment